Home and Getting Busy
Well, our church's relief effort is building up steam. Some links below to check out our plan of action.
Meanwhile, I'm home, though home is a nebulous concept right now. Most of my stuff is in storage, and has been since February of this year. Some of my stuff is with me now at a friend's house, where I share a room with a 4 year old boy. (Well, he sleeps with his sisters, but all his stuff is in here.) Some of my stuff is still at my other friends' house, where I'd been staying since February. And some of my stuff is in my car, since there's no other place for it. It's a weird way to live, but when I start to get annoyed at the situation, I remind myself of a few things:
*I have a place to live..many in this town no longer do.
*I have my stuff, however spread out it is...many in this town have nothing left.
*I have enough to live on at present...many in this town haven't got a dime.
*I have good food to eat...many in this town have to beg their bread.
*I have a church family (which includes my brothers and sisters in the faith around the world) that understands what it means to "love each other" in practical ways...many in this area, and around the world, don't have this security and support.
*I rest in the One that holds tomorrow...many in this town are now afraid of their tomorrows.
In short, I have all I need. For this, I'm thankful. For this, I am humbled. For this, I praise the God of Grace and Mercy. For I have learned this: HE is all I need, and HE is my home.
"Let not your hearts be troubled. Believe in God; believe also in me. In my Father's house are many rooms. If it were not so, would I have told you that I go to prepare a place for you? And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and will take you to myself, that where I am you may be also." (John 14:1-3)
Now, on to updates:
Here is the updated contact info for me, the Expositos, Sovereign Grace Fellowship, and the Sovereign Grace Fellowship Relief Fund.
315 Nottoway Drive (the Expositos, myself, or other church members)
Pearl River, LA 70452
2250 Gause Blvd. East, PMB#51092 (Sovereign Grace Fellowship)
Slidell, LA 70461
985-863-5433, 985-863-5496, 985-661-1438 (landlines)
985-640-1203 (my cell)
elders@sgfellowship.org (the church elders)
chef@lahudson.net (my email)
For anyone desiring to see the proposed plan of action our church is working toward, please check out these sites:
http://www.sgfellowship.org
http://www.katrinacusrex.blogspot.com
On the sgfellowship.org site, there is also information for anyone wishing to send a financial donation directly to our relief fund bank account.
Meanwhile, I'm home, though home is a nebulous concept right now. Most of my stuff is in storage, and has been since February of this year. Some of my stuff is with me now at a friend's house, where I share a room with a 4 year old boy. (Well, he sleeps with his sisters, but all his stuff is in here.) Some of my stuff is still at my other friends' house, where I'd been staying since February. And some of my stuff is in my car, since there's no other place for it. It's a weird way to live, but when I start to get annoyed at the situation, I remind myself of a few things:
*I have a place to live..many in this town no longer do.
*I have my stuff, however spread out it is...many in this town have nothing left.
*I have enough to live on at present...many in this town haven't got a dime.
*I have good food to eat...many in this town have to beg their bread.
*I have a church family (which includes my brothers and sisters in the faith around the world) that understands what it means to "love each other" in practical ways...many in this area, and around the world, don't have this security and support.
*I rest in the One that holds tomorrow...many in this town are now afraid of their tomorrows.
In short, I have all I need. For this, I'm thankful. For this, I am humbled. For this, I praise the God of Grace and Mercy. For I have learned this: HE is all I need, and HE is my home.
"Let not your hearts be troubled. Believe in God; believe also in me. In my Father's house are many rooms. If it were not so, would I have told you that I go to prepare a place for you? And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and will take you to myself, that where I am you may be also." (John 14:1-3)
Now, on to updates:
Here is the updated contact info for me, the Expositos, Sovereign Grace Fellowship, and the Sovereign Grace Fellowship Relief Fund.
315 Nottoway Drive (the Expositos, myself, or other church members)
Pearl River, LA 70452
2250 Gause Blvd. East, PMB#51092 (Sovereign Grace Fellowship)
Slidell, LA 70461
985-863-5433, 985-863-5496, 985-661-1438 (landlines)
985-640-1203 (my cell)
elders@sgfellowship.org (the church elders)
chef@lahudson.net (my email)
For anyone desiring to see the proposed plan of action our church is working toward, please check out these sites:
http://www.sgfellowship.org
http://www.katrinacusrex.blogspot.com
On the sgfellowship.org site, there is also information for anyone wishing to send a financial donation directly to our relief fund bank account.


1 Comments:
Hey, Brother,
Persevere! Check out the Concert of Hope Dec. 3 Sat. 7 p.m. @ Gretna United Methodist Church 1309 Whitney Blvd. This free contemporary Christian concert by the Joel Engle Band is just for you to give you the extra encouragement & renewal through worship to help you through these difficult times. Call us @985-974-0247 for more info. Ask for Mrs. Deich.
Bless you!
Post a Comment
<< Home