Moving On...
Once again, I can’t sleep late at night. Once again, I turn to my computer to waste some time. But, this time, I don’t want to chat or play FreeCell. This time I want to think “out loud”.
It’s August 22, 2005. One week shy of 10 months since my lifestyle was permanently altered. One week shy of 10 months since I lost my best friend and confidant. One week shy of 10 months since my husband died.
I loved David more than I realized I could love, and I knew love from him more than I knew I could be loved. God did something special when He put us together, both for us and for others.
I am assured that God holds all things, even the death of my beloved husband, in His almighty, omnipotent hand. His Word is true, and He has promised to never leave nor forsake me since He has called me into His family. In this, I rest.
The time comes to move on, however, no matter how great the trial, since I am left on this earth. My grief is not license to shut myself away from the life God has given me to lead. Missing David is not an excuse to hide from the world. Being alone now is not cause to become bitter, and therefore more alone. Being a widow is no reason to stop living.
So, what does that mean, practically? It means I work a job again, and do it as unto the Lord. It means I continue to be a part of the lives of my friends and family, and give them the love that’s in my heart. It means I open my life to others, and meet new people, and develop new relationships, and it means I open myself to the possibility of marriage again, if it’s the Lord’s will. In short, it means I live.
Standing By His Grace Alone,
Laura
It’s August 22, 2005. One week shy of 10 months since my lifestyle was permanently altered. One week shy of 10 months since I lost my best friend and confidant. One week shy of 10 months since my husband died.
I loved David more than I realized I could love, and I knew love from him more than I knew I could be loved. God did something special when He put us together, both for us and for others.
I am assured that God holds all things, even the death of my beloved husband, in His almighty, omnipotent hand. His Word is true, and He has promised to never leave nor forsake me since He has called me into His family. In this, I rest.
The time comes to move on, however, no matter how great the trial, since I am left on this earth. My grief is not license to shut myself away from the life God has given me to lead. Missing David is not an excuse to hide from the world. Being alone now is not cause to become bitter, and therefore more alone. Being a widow is no reason to stop living.
So, what does that mean, practically? It means I work a job again, and do it as unto the Lord. It means I continue to be a part of the lives of my friends and family, and give them the love that’s in my heart. It means I open my life to others, and meet new people, and develop new relationships, and it means I open myself to the possibility of marriage again, if it’s the Lord’s will. In short, it means I live.
Standing By His Grace Alone,
Laura
Father, you are sovereign over all events of this earth. You are faithful, also, to fulfill your promises to your children. Thank you that I can trust you to never leave me or forsake me, but that you will be with me, even to the end of the age. May you be glorified in my life by the faith you’ve given me. I ask, Lord, that you work your will in my life, to whatever your purpose is, and that you let me know what I need to know when I need to know it, to be obedient to you. When I stray, turn my heart back to you, Lord, because I love you, since you first loved me. Please provide me with the things I need day by day, and as the psalmist said in psalm 30, don’t make me rich, so I don’t deny you, and don’t make me poor, so I don’t steal and profane your name. You are sufficient, Lord, for all that I need. And please give me a forgiving heart, Lord, because you forgave me. And in all sins that so easily ensnare me, grant your grace to bear the temptations and escape them if necessary. You are faithful and will not allow me to be tempted beyond what I can bear in your strength. Thank you for the assurance of your grace to me in Christ Jesus, in whose name I pray. Amen.


4 Comments:
Bless you, sister. It's times like these when we realize the presence of God the most.
Mark
I really wish I could hug you. :) The love that God has spread abroad in your heart is very apparent and I wanted to let you know that others do feel it (I do). I have also realized that many times God uses these hard times in our lives to give us empathy and credibility with others who have suffered the same pains and He will use this also to His glory. :) Be encouraged, you have friends who love you and God is always faithful.
Your in my prayers. Time and Trust in God will strengthen your soul...
DV
Amen. I miss him, too. I still expect to see him rolling in that doorway at church from time to time.
Every time I see a Mountain Dew can he comes to mind.
When I think about the men's group I always remember his simple wisdom.
Whatever God ordains is right. One of the hardest, yet most beautiful things to learn.
Post a Comment
<< Home