Standing By Grace

My reflections on life as viewed through the grace of God in Jesus Christ.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Slidell, Louisiana, United States

www.standingbygrace.blogspot.com

Saturday, September 24, 2005

Hope Deferred

Okay…so we didn’t get to go home as I supposed in my last post. In fact, another hurricane came along! This one was Rita. She was extremely powerful a day before she hit the border between Texas and Louisiana. By the time she hit, her power was lessened, but she still packed a wallop with storm surges all the way to the Florida panhandle. In fact, parts of New Orleans flooded again, as the storm surges were too much for the weakened levees. Some outlying areas also flooded, but Slidell wasn’t hit again, really.

And our crew is still in Natchez, though I’m in Laurel for a seminar…more on that the next post. We will be heading home some time on Monday. And then, I get to join in the ministry to those in our community who were devastated by Katrina. I’m really looking forward to that! And there’s a lot of work to be done…a lot of souls to minister to.

By His grace,
Laura

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home